MP's hard at work

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Pucker factor...




Well, I was in BFE today. Thats (bum f*ck egypt) to you civs. We were driving on these "roads" as I'll call them, that were almost as wide as our trucks. Not only were we bordered by a cliff on one side, but it was raining and the mud was so slippery that we were praying the truck would stop or turn when we needed it to. More then once I looked out my window on the passenger side and could not see the ground below me. Lets just be thankful our drivers are quite capable. These "roads" here are mostly donkey and camel trails for traders to use. The picture is of one of the trader villages that people use to take goods across the border. They take everything from tires, to food, to entire cars. Yes cars. They take cars apart and put them on camels and take it across the border and then put it back together. All to save a few bucks. Crazy isn't it. I will get a good pic from my buddy and show you all. The other pic is a few of my joes. Hrad core crew. Well, it was a long day, so I will talk later. Kamryn is making tea for me so I must go and join her. Love Russ.

1 comment:

Bexar said...

Thanks for the update. Your JOES look good. Interesting photo of the village. Perhaps you guys should think of using some of the mules for those roads. Be careful!
Hope your mail begins to come through. Been in contact with the powers that be in D.C., so hope things begin to move faster.
How are the beans holding up? Putting another package together to send out soon. Stay in touch. Love... Dad and Barb

cool video