MP's hard at work

Saturday, March 24, 2007

it's starting to get hot!!


Well, it's another great day here in Afghanistan. It has been up in the 90's during the day. HOT! And it is only getting hotter. Word on the street here is that it gets near 140 in the summer months. Can't wait for that. Anyway, we are staying busy as always. We are starting to get our mail more regularly and that is always a big morale booster for us all. We have to do a lot of maintenance on our trucks as you see, as this terrain is pretty rough on them. Well, when you drive through mostly river beds and unimproved trails it takes a toll on your gear, and your body as well. After 6 hours or so of that, we are all tired. But we continue to do our PT to stay in shape so it doesn't affect us as much. I enjoy getting mail from everybody, and what I don't use I give to my soldiers. Powder is always a good thing, especially for the heat. I will get more photos on here, sorry I haven't put them on my computer yet. It is nice that our company got us cameras for each squad to have two. So we take a lot of photos. I already have 4 gigs of photos so far. I figure when I get back I will make some cool DVDs for everyone. Well, I will keep this one short as I have to get up at 0400. It's a great job. Oh yeah, Ang and I bought a house!! It is in Eugene and it is nice. I will put some pics and more details in my next post. Love and miss you all. Russ

No comments:

cool video