MP's hard at work

Thursday, January 31, 2008

teach them, hurt them, fix them up....














So, we have been staying pretty busy lately. I and my guys have been teaching our ANP a whole lot of good useful info and such. Some of it, as you can tell, is a little rough on them. But don't worry, we teach them some good first aid as well. These particular guys have their own medic, who has some real good training, so we send them to him instead of to our medic. It teaches them to use their system and resources. I can't get into all the details of our training and such, for opsec reasons, but it is going good. The ANP are highly motivated, especially when I yell at them like new privates for clearing their weapons before they are instructed to. Have to instill the discipline and fear in them you know. But, even if they do not understand my words, the tone and volume gets across quite well. Usually after I "get in their ass" one of the officers comes over and starts yelling as well. I am trying to get my terp to learn how to yell like me, but he is a naturally quiet guy. Oh well, we can't all be as loud as the ol' SSG. It is a lot of fun, and I am even putting more names and faces of these guys together. It is hard when there is like 14 Mohammads and 6 Amin's and 4 Khans. The go by nicknames like some of us do, so that helps. We have not hurt them too bad, just the pride of a few when we did some hand to hand combatives. It is funny because one of my instructors for that is the smallest guy in the squad. Had them fooled. Well, we are doing good still, looking forward to the end of this deployment. Thanks to all for the support and packages. More to come.

No comments:

cool video