MP's hard at work

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bob Villa in Afghanistan...not really....














So, we have begun some remodeling projects on one of my ANP stations. It is quite fun, as it gives us some new things to do besides just training them. We do love to train these guys, and they like the training, but it is fun to manual labor, and build some stuff. One of my guys is really involved in building a new wall for the compound. He has the concrete mixing down pretty good. I am working on a new room to put the weapons in. I am pretty sure that none of the people at the station have ever seen any cordless power tools. They were pretty amazed by them. One officer even filmed me while I was cutting some plexi glass. The chief was in awe of the set and asked where he could get one. I tried to explain to him about Home Depot, and he wanted to go. I told him that if he comes to the U.S. that I would take him there. It is still cold here, lows in the 20's at night and highs around 50 during the day. It has been sunny, which helps, but the wind comes off the mountains and chills us pretty good. Thankfully we have some good cold weather gear to help insulate us. Oh, the little girl is the stations cooks daughter. She is always running around and getting candy from everyone. Here name is Shanaz. Well, duty calls, so I need to keep it short. More updates to come soon. Russ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Russ;
Shanaz is a beauty.

Weather here today at home is about 24 now at 0520 and supposed to be in the 40's as a high. Calling for possible snow later this week.

Thanks for the pictures of your real life in Afghanistan and those you are working with and for.
Love, Mom

cool video