MP's hard at work

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Rememberence Day



















So, it was business as usual today, on this solemn day that has affected us all. Well, kinda

sorta. We ended up at a very nice Ceremony at a large FOB that we re-supply at. It was very moving for all of us. There were a few soldiers and civilians that shared stories of how 9-11 affected them. One guy was from NY, and his dad and brother are both firefighters. It is also his birthday, so he had called in sick to work and his brother and dad went fishing with him, so they were not in the initial call. He was very emotional, and it spread through the crowd as well. Before we left for the days mission, we had a moment of silence followed by a prayer for everyone. Yes, us Federal employees had a prayer at work. Go ahead and tell all the liberals and atheists. Anyway, I hope all of you took a few moments to remember, and pay respects to all those who were killed and to all the rescue workers who made the choice to go in and try to rescue survivors. I also think of the soldiers who have gave their lives, some of whom were people I knew.

Well, other then that, things are good here. We are all waiting for it to cool of some more, as it is still warm here most days. I hope to be home in just over a month on R&R!!! I need the break and it will be great to see my family. My kids are frowning up so fast. It will be nice to have a break and just relax for a while. I thank you all for reading my blog and sharing it with people you know. We are making good progress with our Afghan police. They are starting to get better equipped and they pick up all the training we give them. It is great to teach them something, and then watch them put it into use on patrol. I feel better each week knowing we are making a difference. Well, time to sign off, so take care and more to follow...Russ

No comments:

cool video