MP's hard at work

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Oops, watch out for flying water bottles...











Ok, just a little safety note for everyone. Be very careful if you toss someone a water bottle, especially if it is frozen and the guy who is supposed to catch it is not looking. Ok, let me set up the story. I was trying to give some of my ANP water, and they were in the back of a hi-lux truck, (basically a 4 door ranger) and as I tossed the last of 5 bottles, which was a frozen .5 liter bottle, the guy who had been catching them bent down to pick up another bottle he dropped, and WHAM!! Another guy got clipped right above the eye by the bottom of the bottle. I felt so bad when I saw it and ran over to see if he was ok. It didn't seem too bad until I got up to him and there was a gash above his left eye and it was a bleeder. I hollered for Doc, who was right there helped get the guy a bandage. We were on the move, so he had to wait about 5 or 6 minutes to get fully treated. After we stopped up the road a little bit, Doc got going on some sutures. The ANP soldier was pretty cool, he really did not want stitches. I felt so bad for the accident, but he was like "hey, it wasn't on purpose." Doc got him cleaned up good, and we had the guy come back so we could finish up better at the camp. I figure I will do something or get something nice for the guy. Least I can do. Anyway, just another bit of excitement here in Afghanistan. Remember, catch, duck, or make sure your buddies can.

No comments:

cool video