MP's hard at work

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!







Well I don't know if we will have any fireworks here, but we are having a BBQ and I finally got to set up my pool my brother sent me for my birthday. It was so nice and me and my team leaders had a little NCO time away from the soldiers. The water wasn't cold, but it was very refreshing and for an hour or so it felt like we were at home or something. It is only 30 inches deep, but that is great for here as it makes it less of a hassle. I did catch a small sunburn on my forehead, but it was well worth it. We spent the day playing sports, (my team took 1st in volleyball), and just kind of relaxing and such. I hope everyone back home has a safe and happy 4th. I just imagine being home with family and friends, having a BBQ, maybe go swimming, and just relaxing. Of course a nice cold beer would be great, but we have neer-beer here. It isn't too bad, but at least it is cold. Things are good here, and it is really getting hotter. It is supposed to be around 117 degrees here today. Not bad. That is why we the sports at 0615 this morning. The people in the pool with me are 2 of my team leaders. We sat in there for almost 2 hours and we turned into prunes. I know word travels fast here because by the time we got out, we had some people saying things like I heard you all have a pool here and such. It is funny how you can hide a pool on a small camp in plain sight. They are probably just jealous, but if they asked I would let them in. Well, I am getting ready to eat, so take care for now and I will get more up here as soon as I can. Russ.

3 comments:

JUDI said...

HEY THAT LOOKS REALLY GREAT! I am sure it felt sooo good and more like a hot tub at the temperature there.
Love the updates and seeing your pictures. Many others are keeping up on the blog too so know they enjoy it as we do Russ.
Sending our love.

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to finally get it set up! We put ours up here on Sunday 7/1, and I finally got into it today. Not nearly as hot, only about 100 here.

DadnBarb said...

Stay cool. It's hot in the west, but not to bad here on Vashon.
Pictures look neat... ENJOY!!!
Dad

cool video