MP's hard at work

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Little fun at night...







Well, it was another hot one here today. Got up to around 112. Not to bad though. Been getting a little spot ready for my pool. There are some people here who kinda frown on it because of the mosquitoes and such that can breed in it, but it has a cover and also it is small enough that i can drain it out regularly enough to prevent vectors from breeding. I think I can get my hands on some chlorine tablets as well. Anyway, I thought I would show some of you all what the world looks like through my night vision. We were out on a night with pretty good illumination, so it was nice. The best part of being out at night is not only can we sneak up on people, but it is so much cooler. Granted I still sweat, but not as much. These photos are of my gunner, (the one with the big ol .50 cal), my driver and me (the one kneeling) providing security for our ANP partners, and me just watching the area. It was a quiet night so no bad guys. Oh well, there is always tomorrow. I hope everyone at home is doing good, as we are here. The time is going buy pretty fast. I come home on R&R in a few months!! I can't wait to see my wife and kids and our new house. It will be nice to just sleep in and eat some real food and not deal with everything here. I heard that our R&R might get lengthened to 18 days from 14. That won't be bad at all. We have been playing a lot of volleyball lately. I am trying to teach those in my squad the rules. It is fun though and a good stress reliever. We actually got some good sand from somewhere. I am not sure exactly where, but it makes a decent court. I will have to get some photos of us playing. It is the little things that you have to do here to take your mind off things and just de-stress yourself that count. I try to instill that in my soldiers as best as I can. Don't need them or myself bugging out over stupid stuff, when there are much more important things to worry about. Well enough of my rambling. If anybody knows of a program that makes movies for computers that isn't to complicated and can convert quicktime into a windows format or can tell me how to do that on my computer, please let me know. We have digital cameras that take movies, but they are in quicktime and my windows movie maker wont let me add that format for some reason. Ok, thanks and love and miss you all. Russ...Apocalypse-2.

1 comment:

Haole Wahine said...

This is sthe answer I found for converting quicktime to w/moviemaker. I checked and the free file is still, active (they suggest a donation). I don't know about your download speeds, but here it is. Hopes it helps.


How to make QT mov files importable into WMM:

You can easily convert QT mov files to AVI w/the 'RAD Video Tools'
'RAD Video Tools' available for free d/l here: radgametools.com

After d/l, open Bink and Smacker\RAD Video Tools program, open your mov file, select 'Convert a File'....(make sure file converted type choice is AVI)...then select 'Convert' from right program menu. Click 'OK' for 'Full Frames Uncompressed'...and you now have an AVI file version of your QT mov file. This AVI file is importable into WMM.

If you want to archive/save your avi file for future use, but in a much smaller file size...convert it to a wmv file w/ 'Window Media Encoder' available for free d/l at the MS Windows Media Encoder' webpage. Then in Windows Media Encoder, use the 'Windows Media File Editor' utility to convert the AVI to wmv, for a much much smaller file size

cool video