MP's hard at work

Sunday, December 30, 2007

What a bad-ass day!!!


















"Ok, here is how you put the round together to before you load it, this is how you aim. Any questions?" Said one of my ANP chiefs during a very wonderful class on the RPG (rocket propelled grenade) that he gave me and my squad. Some of us have been on the receiving end of these, so it was nice to finally be able to see it shot from the right side. The chief gave us a good class, and after ensuring the down range was cleared, I was allowed to shoot an anti-personnel round. It was better then I expected. I have had the opportunity to shoot many different weapons in the Army, but it is always fun to shoot something new, especially when it is a foreign weapon. It is good to have all of my soldiers knowing how to use one, just in case. It did not have much kick to it, but boy did that round travel fast. The chief shot a high explosive anti-tank round at the hill. I shot mine closer. The weapon is fairly easy to prep and aim, you just have to keep the front tilted upwards until you shoot. It was great fun, and if any of you ever get the chance to shoot one, take it. You will not be disappointed. SSG Russell Miller.

3 comments:

Neal said...

I like how the video cut when the chief points the weapon at your camera/location. HAHA!

Cool video.

Neal

DadnBarb said...

I'm not sure where on our island I would ever have the opportunity to shoot an RPG, but I will take your advice and give it a try.
Love,
Barb

DadnBarb said...

So where do I get an RPG. Looks like they could solve our raccoon problem.
~Dad

cool video