MP's hard at work

Saturday, April 28, 2007

First spider caught....






Well, its another beautiful day here in Afghanistan. Spring has come and gone, the rain has stopped, the grass is turning brown, it's over 100 degrees and climbing, and the spiders and scorpions are out. Yes, we caught our first camel spider out in our motor pool. I think one of his back legs is broken, but we are trying to keep him in good health until we can catch another scorpion and then we will have a battle royal to the death! I know it sounds bad, but it is great fun and cheap too. I am working on setting up the arena for the battles, and we are starting to build up our contender pool. I will keep you all updated as the bouts begin. Oh the other pic is of my brothers company he used to work for a long time ago. Didn't they go bankrupt? Well, they have a lot of their conex's over here. I have been receiving every ones mail and packages. Thank you a lot for them. Try to limit the chocolate, as it gets horribly melted and ruins everything else in the box. thanks to my mom for sending stuff for the kids at the schools, and of course my wife and kids for all the homemade goodies and finger paintings. Also, thanks to anyone who has sent stuff to us through www.anysoldier.com. You are all loved and appreciated for the support over here. Things are well, and we are staying busy and trying to adjust to the heat. It got up to 115 one day according to my watch, which is very accurate. I do love my suunto. Anyway, hope you are all doing well, and I think about you all daily. Keep us in your thoughts as well. Happy late birthday dad!! Russ.












4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

ok so that last commet did not stick for some reason...I was just sending you a link to a picture of the spider kamryn and Noah found in the house...it was the size of a quarter and called a jumping spider...
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/truangela/jumpingspider.jpg

copy and paste

We love and miss you VERY much
XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro,

The Evergreen you're seeing over there is not the same as the Evergreen Aviation. The containers belong to Evergreen Shipping. I worked for the airline, and CIA's good friend Del Smith. Either way, it's all cargo in the end.

Good to see you all are having some sports entertainment over there with the insect duels. I'll put my money on the spider. Getting settled here in the new house, will be shipping a package to you soon.

Neal

DadnBarb said...

Hi,
Thanks for the belated. It's just another year added on. In my mind I'm still your age but the body for some reason doesn't think so. It's all the hard labor I do, cutting and splitting wood, digging out posts and cement. It keeps me hopping.
Anymore types of insects there you can share with us?
Later. Dad

cool video