MP's hard at work

Friday, April 6, 2007

the aftermath....of a flash flood




Well, we survived the flash flooding from a few days ago. i can only show you a few of the pictures due to op-sec and force protection issues. But I will explain these as best as I can. The one on the left is of some of our hesco baskets, which are 4x4x8 feet tall. you can see the water line reaches almost to the top of them. This was on one of the side which took most of the water run off. It basically hit the wall, filled up and moved until it found a weak spot, the area in the right pic, and BAM, punched a hole. It washed over our HLZ (helicopter landing zone), and washed over a road and more hescos. The damage was quite extensive. But, we got it all cleaned up better the new, so no need to worry. Plus, it probably won't rain like that for the rest of the year. It has been getting warmer here, as the highs are still in the 90's most days. It does cool off to the mid 70's at night. Yeah, at night here it is as warm as it gets back home. Anyway, all of us are doing well and are working on our farmer tans. Yes, we are looking dark and tan on our arms and face, but the rest is still a little white. It is still green here because of all the rain, so I am enjoying that while it lasts. I am sure that it will all turn brown soon enough. Well, if you all didn't know, Ang and I bought a lovely house in Eugene. As soon as she gets some pics to me, I will post them. It is a lovely house as I have seen it on the web cam. The web cam is the best thing ever. I get to see and talk to Ang and the kids. That is a great motivator and morale booster for me. Well, I also signed up for www.anysoldier.com, so if you all want to show some support for me and other troops, go to that web site and see how to help. Also www.operationac.com is another one. I love and miss you all very much and thank you all for the support. Until later, Russ.

No comments:

cool video